It is not necessary to tell once again how useful goat milk is for the human body, especially for children. Therefore, many farmers, knowing this, are raising goats. This business can generate excellent income if approached correctly.
It is not necessary to tell once again how useful goat milk is for the human body, especially for children. Therefore, many farmers, knowing this, are raising goats. This business can generate excellent income if approached correctly. Novice farmers may wonder whether it is more efficient to milk goats by hand or with milking equipment. If your farm has up to 5 goats, then there is little point in buying a goat milking machine. But if there are more animals, then you cannot do without a special device. Let’s talk about how to properly milk a goat with a milking machine, where to buy it, and what to look for when choosing a machine.
Pulsating goat milking machine is a machine that simulates hand milking. It is very important that such a device is fully consistent with the imitation of the process of feeding a kid. Mode of operation, tactile sensations, should be as close to natural as possible. If all these conditions are met, then in this case you can achieve good results: increase milk yield, reduce the risk of various diseases of the animal. A high-quality device and compliance with the rules for its use is the key to success.
Stages of milking goats
- Before starting work, the udder of the animal and the milking device should be well disinfected.
- Before connecting the milking machine to the udder, it is necessary to wipe the teats dry to avoid the development of diseases in other animals.
- After the device is connected, it is necessary to ensure that the vacuum is set to the standards specified by the manufacturer. The suspension part should fit snugly against the udder; no air leaks should be allowed. It is very quick to connect the suspension part, about one minute after the udder has been processed.
- It is very important to avoid overmilking. The operator must see that the milk flow has decreased, which means that it is necessary to turn off the machine.
- Under no circumstances should the teat cups be ripped off the animal’s udder while the machine is running. You can damage the teats very badly, and the udder recovery process is very long and difficult.
- After each milking procedure, be sure to wash the milking machine – do not allow bacteria and microorganisms to grow in it.
If you follow the correct algorithm for milking a goat with a milking machine, you can easily get high milk yield and achieve an increase in the efficiency of your farm. To do this, it is enough just to follow all the recommendations for the operation of the equipment that the manufacturer indicates and you should not have any problems with milking.